Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Law By Subject - Minors Trusts

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:

Minors Trusts

There are several methods by which you may make gifts to minors. You can open a custodial account to receive and a hold a gist of up to $12,000 per calendar year under the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act ("UTMA"), you can open a 529 College Savings Plan, you can establish a formal 2503(c) Trust, or you can create a special needs trust, if your child suffers from a disability.

What is a Minor's Trust?
Do I Need A Minor's Trust To Make An Annual $12,000 Gift To My Child?
When does The Uniform Transfer to Minors Act (UTMA) custodial account expire?
How do you set up a UTMA Custodial Account?
What types of money and property can be held in a custodial UTMA account?
What is a Totten Trust?
What is a 529 Savings Plan Account?
What is the 529 Prepaid Tuition Plan?
What is the Coverdell Education Savings Accounts (Education IRAs)?


Coming Soon!


Coming Soon!

All information on this site is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement

© Copyright 1999-2019 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved