Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - US Green Card F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.What is a Green Card?

A.A "green card" (permanent resident card) allows the holder to live and work permanently in the United States. People seeking permanent immigration to the United States (a green card) are usually sponsored by either an employer or family member. Green Cards can also be obtained through the Green Card Lottery, asylum, and other means. While Green Card holders hold almost all the same benefits as U.S. citizens, Green Card holders who are planning to depart from the United States for one year or more should obtain and file a "Reentry Permit" with the USCIS. Failing to file the Reentry Permit can result in losing permanent resident status.

Copyright 1999-2018 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.