Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Trademark F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.Do I have to be a US citizen to register my trademark?

A.No. However, an applicant's citizenship must be set forth in the application. If an applicant is not a citizen of any country, then a statement to that effect is sufficient. If an applicant has dual citizenship, then the applicant must choose which citizenship to have printed on the certificate of registration. Further, foreign applicants, not residing in the U.S. will need to appoint a domestic representative to handle any and all paperwork and notice sent from the Patent and Trademark Office. This may be your attorney, or any trustworthy person living and residing in the United States.

Copyright 1999-2019 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.