Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Hiring F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.What notices do I have to provide new employees (CA)

A.California law requires that all employers provide all new employees, with the following information:

  1. Workers' Compensation Information Sheet regarding rights and benefits;
  2. Paid Family Leave Pamphlet describing California's paid family leave benefits;
  3. Sexual Harassment Information Sheet (employer may create one or use the one provided here by the Department of Fair Employment and Housing);
  4. State Disability Insurance Provisions an EDD notice to employees explaining disability insurance rights; and
  5. within 5 days of hire, California unemployment insurance program; and
  6. if the employer offers health insurance benefits and if the new employee is eligible, the name of the provider(s) and an outline of the benefits, or coverage, provided.

Copyright 1999-2018 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.