Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Cal Cobra Health Insurance F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.How do I apply for Cal-COBRA?

A.Your employer is required by law to provide qualified employees with a Cal-COBRA notice within 30 days of a qualifying event. Upon receipt of such a notice, and within 60 days of the qualifying event, the former employee must submit a complete Cal-COBRA application to his or her previous employer or the Cal-COBRA administrator. The Cal-COBRA administrator is either your previous employer or a company that your prior employer has chosen to process Cal-COBRA extension premiums. The employee will be given an additional 45 days to pay any premiums that are due, or became due, before you elected Cal-COBRA.

If for any reason, your former employer or health provider fails to provide you with the forms needed to elect COBRA or Cal-COBRA coverage within 15 days of your termination, make a written demand for the forms from your prior employer and the health plan. If you still do not receive the forms, call California's Help Center.

Copyright 1999-2018 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.