Q.When will a Chapter 7 bankruptcy petition be denied?
A.A chapter 7 bankruptcy peition will be denied, if the bankruptcy filer:
- has been granted a discharge in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy that was filed within the last eight years;
- has been granted a discharge in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy that was filed within the last six years;
- has failed to attend a pre-bankruptcy credit and debt counseling from a government approved provider;
- makes a false statement in the bankruptcy petition, or withholds recorded information from the trustee;
- conceals, transfers, or destroys property with the intent to defraud a creditor or the trustee;
- conceals, destroys, or falsifies his or her financial records or condition;
- fails to explain any loss or deficiency of assets; or
- refuses to answer questions or obey the orders of the bankruptcy court.